Thursday, July 27, 2006

Hopes and Fears

Well the high school principal got my application and resume today. He called over the lunch hour.

Since it's too late for me to get into the local University's certification-while-teaching program, I'd have to be hired as a long-term sub, which means less money. I'm already looking at a paycut just to get out of the TV news biz.

So, the principal is busy crunching numbers. If he comes up with something we could both agree on, I'll interview.

Right now I'm filled with hopes and fears.

I'm really hoping this works out. If it does, it means by the time I get back from L.A. I'd be at a new job.

I'm relieved I wouldn't have to worry about certification until next summer, which makes me hopeful I might actually be able to handle the job.

I'm afraid I'll get my hopes up too high and something won't work out and I'll be right back at work writing a newscast come Aug. 10th. We'll see.

Pray for me.
Nimitz' Lady

No comments: