Sunday, July 23, 2006

Weight Loss

Alright, let's try this again. (For those who didn't catch the goof, I managed to publish the title to this post before writing a single word!)

You may (or not) have noticed a new ticker at the top of the screen. This ticker is how much weight, give or take five pounds, that I need to lose.

Personally, I'd be ecstatic to lose half of that. But given all my other health issues, I really need to try to lose as much of that as possible.

I'm hoping the ticker sitting there at the top of the screen, mocking me every time I log on, will help motivate me to work out.

Since the great schedule switch-aroo that has been this year began I've had trouble keeping up a regular workout schedule. And my eating habits have been execrable.

The last week or two I've gotten the eating in hand, and now I think I've figured out a decent work out schedule. 30 to 60 mins cardio at home in the morning, 30 to 45 mins strength training at the Y over my lunch hour (not as much sweaty mess to clean up after before going back to work).

So, we'll see how it goes. I'm especially feeling the need to lose with the way my joints have been aching (Thyroid Doc thinks weight loss will help alleviate that) and my 15 year high school reunion coming up sometime next year.

Wish me luck.
Nimitz' Lady

2 comments:

Msabcmom said...

Good luck! I would love for you to lose some for me while you are at it but I guess it doesn't work out that way - darn!

I will start too...soon...sometime...really...

Pilarcita said...

The sad thing is, I've been through this so danged many times. I lose, I get comfortable with my habits, I "treat" myself, I gain. Round and round we go, each time hoping and praying to break the habit.

And it doesn't help when your own body occasionaly sabotages your efforts with a nicely timed thyroid crash like I had last November.