Thursday, August 10, 2006

Odds & Ends

Sorry so long with no news. We had no internet access while in L.A. But there's a lot to pass on and I don't have much time.

1. My father is improving, slowly. But he's not cooperating well with the nurses and rehab folks. It'll be awhile until he gets out of the nursing home, in my opinion.

2. I'm now a high school Spanish teacher. I interviewed Monday, flew to L.A. Tuesday morning and had an offer on the voicemail when we landed. I'm now frantically trying to get everything in line to begin my new job on the 14th!!!!!

3. We finally got the basement carpet put in the week before we left for L.A. So, needless to say, we never got the chance to get everything put back in its proper place and it's still sitting in stacks upstairs. With the new job, who knows when I'll get it done.

4. Did I mention I've got a new job? =) Just checking.

5. My mom's (Grammy) got a new job too, teaching English as a Second Language at Kansas State University. So we're rushing to get her all packed up so we can move her out there this weekend.

6. JBP may be starting 1st grade instead of Kindergarten. He's doing a skills assessment tomorrow afternoon at the elementary school right next to my high school. If he does well enough he'll start 1st grade there (age appropriate). If not, he'll start Kindergarten as planned at the neighborhood school around the corner from our house. All things considered, I'm praying he ends up at the school next to where I work. I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm sure there's more. But I'm starting to eye the corner with some blubbering in mind. Best get back to the grindstone before I just plain quit!

Nimitz' Lady

2 comments:

Kendra said...

Wow, congratulations on the job!! How many sections will you have, and what levels?

Holler if I can help in any way!

Msabcmom said...

Congrats! My mom is a Spanish HS Spanish teacher too. She teaches IB and AP classes as well as native speaker classes. She has been teaching for years now and enjoys it. I am sure you will too!