Monday, July 16, 2007

Weighty Thoughts

I've been desperately trying to lose weight for more than a year and a half now. Working out with a personal trainer hasn't helped. Working out two to three hours a day now that it's summer hasn't helped.

So, in my desperation I've done something I once swore to myself I would never do. I've signed up with one of those weight loss programs you see advertised on TV.

I picked this program because there are no pre-packaged meals to buy, you meet three times a week with a nutrition counselor, and the program sticks with you for a year after you reach your goal to help you transition into maintenance.

I actually managed to lose a couple pounds in the first week. The first sign of weight sheddage in months.

So, overall I'm cautiously optimistic. However, the plan also includes eating six "mini-meals" a day. I feel like I'm constantly eating.

Maybe that's their idea, to make me so sick of food I won't want to look at it, let along taste it, ever again?!

If so, it ain't gonna work. This chica likes to eat too much for that.

Nimitz' Lady

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

See comment on genes, above.
Mom