Monday, July 09, 2007

Tennis, Anyone?

So, my right elbow's been bothering me for a little over a month now. I first noticed it when I tried to stretch my shoulders one morning by clasping my hands behind my back and lifting them upward. In the process the elbows turn outward. This is a stretch I do regularly.

Well, that morning my right elbow suddenly hurt as it was twisting. At the time I just figured I'd slept on it wrong and the muscle was stiff.

But, the soreness didn't go away. In fact, it fluctuates in just how sore it is. Some days I barely notice it, while others I can barely use the right arm as a load-bearing aparatus.

Anyway, after a month my personal trainer at the gym asked me to get it checked out. Today, I went to the doctor. An x-ray showed I have an inflammation in the joint. Tennis Elbow.

My first reaction, "But I don't play tennis!"

The doctor says it's a typical, repetitive stress injury and the only way to heal it is to keep the stress off the joint.

So, now I'm sitting here with a pressure bandage sitting two finger-widths below my right elbow, driving me nuts!

Tennis, anyone?

Nimitz' Lady

No comments: