Monday, September 25, 2006

Walking Into Exhaustion

Once you've been to Europe you never truly forget just how much walking is involved to get anywhere. But you also never truly remember until you have to do it again.

The good news is, between a very careful eye on how much I'm eating and all the walking I've got to be losing weight. Although the local scales are no proof, seeing as how they all measure in kilos! And being as non-mathematically enclined as I am forget translating to pounds.

I'd also forgotten what it was like to be in a country that appreciates a real woman. You know, one with a curve or two to distinguish her from a 14 year old boy?

If I hadn't been walking around with JBP today *and* wearing a wedding ring on *both* hands I think I'd have had at least three or five propositions. As compared to a similar number per *year* in the States!

Nothing really special happened today. Just took JBP to the park then went shopping for something to wear to the funeral tomorrow. The real work has all fallen on Der Deutscher who must prove to all the German bureaucrats that he's his mother's only son and heir. Plus, he had to meet with the pastor who'll be conducting her funeral tomorrow.

My main job has been to keep JBP busy and out of Der Deutscher's hair.

Yesterday we went to Oma's apartment and started going through things. Der Deutscher plans to ship several items of furniture to the States, family heirlooms and all. The good news is style-wise they should all fit into our home. The bad news? I don't know where we'll find room for it all.

Please pray for us, especially Der Deutscher, tomorrow as that's the funeral. It will most likely be the most difficult day of this trip.

Nimitz' Lady

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sunshine, I have been checking every few minutes to see if you have added a positng to your blogs. It is good to hear from you again. I enjoy reading your reports, both in English and in Spanish. I think your blog for your Spanish students is a great idea! Love, Mpm