Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Nimitz Household in Mourning

We received a long dreaded phonecall this morning. My mother-in-law, aka Oma, passed away overnight. She'd been suffering from some sort of cancer for years, but was unwilling to share the details with most of us.

Due to this expected yet unforeseen development, we're making an emergency trip to Germany. There, Der Deutscher will begin handling her estate, while I will help JBP say goodbye to his Oma.

At the same time, JBP and I will be staying in contact with our classes through a couple of new blogs I've just set-up.

I'll be using Pensamientos en EspaƱol to give my students a view of what it's like to travel overseas. JBP will do the same with his new Blog, World Traveler.

This may well be my last post until we're in Der Vaterland, as we leave Thursday and have very little time in which to get all paperwork gathered, everything packed and enough lesson plans set out for my sub!

While this is sad for me, it is a much more devestating development for JBP and Der Deutscher. Please keep them in your prayers.

Nimitz' Lady

No comments: