Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Actual Funny Remembered

After school today, I was lying on my stomach grading papers while JBP watched TV. Popular Mechanics for Kids (PMK): Slither and Slime to be precise.

When he noticed my supine position, JBP quickly slithered onto my back, one of his favorite TV viewing positions.

Unfortunately, that hurt my lower back, and at my request JBP scootched (is that actually a word?) down a bit. He ended up with his head resting on my gluteus maximus as a pillow.

A moment later he raised his head and indignantly announced, "You farted in my ear, Mommy!"

After taking a moment to digest this comment I cooly responded, "That's what you get for laying your head on my butt."

He thought about this, then carefully slithered back up my back just far enough to get his head off my rear and returned to watching Alicia and Jay discuss frogs, worms, leeches and other slithery and slimy things.

Ah, motherhood.

Nimitz' Lady

No comments: