Saturday, September 23, 2006

All mixed up

Halo alles aus Deutschland!

Well, we safely arrived, on time despite 30 and 45 minute delays at home and in Chicago. We literally had to run from our arrival gate to our departure gate in London and still just barely made the connection -- as in we raced to the gate and right onto the plane! Needless to say, we may have made it but our luggage did not. We got into Duesseldorf around 10am local time. Our luggage finally arrived at 9pm!

We spent most of yesterday with Der Duetscher's aunt and uncle. At one point his cousin-in-law stopped by with her 10 month old son who shares Der Deutscher's full name. The cousin spoke Spanish pretty well, better than her English or my German. So we spent several hours switching back and forth between the three languages.

Add to that the fact I've been speaking Spanish daily for the last month and am still trying to keep a blog for my students in Spanish and I am truly linquistically all mixed up. I never know which language is going to pop out of my mouth next.

Then, of courese, there's the whole keyboard difference -- which is reallz messing up my typing. What should've taken me about three minutes to write and post has already taken me ten!

I really feel for Der Deutscher right now. He's handling all the funeral arrangements himself and I can't be with him because he just wants me to keep JBP occupied. JBP is currently out buying flowers with his Onkel Mika, his step-grandmother's brother. And Der Deutscher thinks my family is confusing!

Ok, time to give my poor confused brain a break.
Nimitz' Lady

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sunshine, I'm glad you got there all right. Sorry to hear about the race and the luggage delay. It's good that other family members are helping to keep Julian busy. My heart goes out to Der Deutscher. Please tell him I am thinking of him. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Sunshine, I have left a couple of messages on juju's personal email. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

test aus deutschland