Monday, September 04, 2006

Update

Just to keep all interested updated on what's going on, since I've pretty much NOT been in evidence the last couple of weeks.

1. JBP's first week at school was horrid. His second was much better, though far from perfect. His Grammy visited over the holiday weekend, so I fear a regression in behavior. But I'm prayin things will continue on our overall upward course.

2. The teaching's going pretty well. I love my 4th year class and my homeroom class. My 2nd year students are ok. My 3rd year class is the largest and the least responsive. Much of it is, I think, due to just a couple of students in the class. But it puts a real damper on my day. Everyday.

3. Since I'm not a certified teacher, I have to get an emergency substitute's certificate. Which means fingerprints and a background check. Not a problem, just another hassle I don't have time for.

4. ISU remains as reliable as ever. I faxed over a request for more transcripts (for my high school, the local university's alternative certification program and the state for the sub cert). They said it should take about a week. They arrived in less than four days. Yeah ISU!

5. We finally have books for the 1st and 2nd year Spanish students. But I'm still waiting for books for 3rd and 4th year.

That's the last week or so, in a very, very tiny nutshell. Once I figure out how to spend less time grading papers on a nightly basis I'll try to start posting more regularly -- including all of JBP's latest hijinks.

Nimitz' Lady

No comments: