Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Depressed

Not sure if its because I've spent much of the day looking at video of myself. (There's no WAAAAY I am that fat!)

Or if its because my boss told me I have about a 1% chance of getting the reporter/photographer position because I won't work on Sabbath (Saturday).

Or if its because I also spent some time this afternoon reading blogs of folks overseas right now in China picking up their baby girls and there's no forward momentum whatsoever in our plans/hopes for another child.

So, that's my day. Nearly time to go home and take a break.

Nimitz' Lady

2 comments:

Msabcmom said...

I could never do that job, let me tell you. I hate to look at myself in pictures. Video would be even worse for me.

As for not working on the Sabbath, that is a hard one. Luckily for me, I don't have a work problem. I do have to miss out on a lot of social events because everyone always has parties on Friday nights. It isn't the same as a job though. Good luck - hope it turns out well in the end.

Pilarcita said...

It definitely does take some getting used to. But you do start to get immune to it after awhile.

Basically, you eventually stop caring and don't even look at yourself on camera anymore.

It's just been so many years (5)since I've done it my immunity has leached away and I've got to build it up again.

The Sabbath issue is a new one for me when it comes to reporting. The last time I was on air I wasn't attending church or keeping Sabbath.

So, that's kinda new territory for me. But God will decide what it is I should be doing, whether it's on air or out of the biz.

Nimitz' Lady