Sunday, May 21, 2006

7:30 am Monday

That's when the floor guy's supposed to arrive and rip out our carpeting upstairs to replace it with nice new, hypoallergenic laminate floors.

I still tend to hyperventilate a little when I think of how much we're spending on this, but it's desperately needed and if all goes according to plan we should be able to pay the last little bit off by September. If it doesn't go well we have until next May to pay it off without interest.

Anyway, since he's coming, we're preparing. While he said he'll move the furniture around, we're still going to be spending most of today moving books out of our triple stacked bookcases. We soooooo need new bookcases!

We're using the opportunity to thin the ranks a little. "Little" being the operative word here.

**********

On another note, yesterday at church they discussed changing the annual men's campout into a family campout. JBP got so excited about the prospect we came home and put our tent up in the backyard to test its readiness.

See, the tent's just been sitting in a pile in the garage, not properly stored, for something like two years now.

Grammy (my mother) was the last one to use it and she wasn't able to stuff it back into its bag by herself. It takes Der Deutscher and I in tandem to get it in and we just never got around to it.

It seems to have weathered last night's rainstorm well, however. And JBP has been having a blast using it as his playhouse.

He'll be quit upset later today when I must take it down and put it away. But, Der Deutscher doesn't want to leave it up long enough to kill the grass, so I promised him it would only be up overnight.

*******

Also at church yesterday, we had a couple of El Salvadoran visitors, relatives of church members. And for some reason they attended my adult sabbath school class instead of the one their family attends. So, I ended up playing translator.

It was good practice, but hard. I had a headache much of the rest of the afternoon. But JBP was content to play in the tent by himself, as long as I sat outside with him.

Asi es la vida de una madre.

Hasta Luego! I'm off to sort books.
Nimitz' Lady

No comments: