Thursday, May 25, 2006

All Boy

JBP is all boy. Today after lunch I went out to take down the tent I'd promised Der Deutscher I'd take down last Sunday. Hey! It kept raining at just the right intervals. I wasn't going to put it away wet.

Anyway, while I was taking down the tent, JBP retreated to his favorite corner of the yard, a hole in the dirt underneath the deck. He's been digging that hole for about three years now.

He stayed there until I called him to come get in the car to go to daycare.

He came running up and was headed into the house when I noticed grey stuff clumped around his hands and dotting his feet.

He's turned his hole into a mudhole and had been happily playing in the wet clay. It was caked so thickly on his hands I couldn't get it all wiped off with paper towels.

I didn't exactly yell at him, although I made sure he knew I was upset. Not because he played in the mud, but because he did it when he knew he was going to have to get in the car in a few minutes.

I know all kids are going to play in the mud sooner or later. At least I'm reassured he's normal.

For the longest time he wouldn't even do any baking that might get his hands "yucky". Well, he's no longer afraid to get his hands "yucky".

Nimitz' Lady

No comments: