Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Cautious Optimism

First, sorry it took so long to get back to you. For some reason my internet connection to blogspot has been reeeeaaaallly slow and I haven't had the patience to deal with it.

Now, on to last week's thyroid doctor visit.

I am cautiously optimistic. At least Dr. M admitted there's something wrong with me, which is more than Dr. H was willing to do.

Before he even takes blood tests, he wants me to spend six weeks on the name brand synthroid supplement. Dr. H had me on the generic stuff which, surprise, surprise, has a history of uneven effectiveness. One lot will work really well and the next lot might not work at all.

Then, he wants to do a full blood work up, lipids/cholesterol screen, insulin resistance test, etc as well as the thyroid tsh test. I'm not sure, but hopefully he'll do a free T3/T4 test as well. Maybe even an RT3 test.

Then, we'll go from there. He still insists on doing all these blood tests, but at least he's willing to admit something's wrong with me. So, we'll see what happens.

Nimitz' Lady

No comments: