Friday, March 17, 2006

Tension

My life has been so hectic and tense lately that even things I used to enjoy are too much for me to handle.

Case in point: Basketball.

I've been noticing more and more this season, that I simply can't handle close games. I get too tense.

A couple weeks ago, one of the
Cyclones' games was televised on FSN Sabbath afternoon. I didn't want to watch because it was Sabbath and I was tired. This waas in the middle of my stint on the overnight shift.

Anyway, I tried to go to sleep. But the game quickly became tight and I got so wound up that I simply couldn't sleep. I ended up sitting in the living room trying to read and block out the game (which we eventually lost).

I noticed the same thing again last night as I listened to the Cyclones WNIT game on the internet. They barely got it into overtime, where they eventually won it.

Some of this is definitely due to my internal tension. I think some may also be because I know the members of the team better than I ever have and my family is so close to Brittany (Wilkins, #51) by now.

At this point I just want the basketball season over with.. almost as much as I want the ladies to win the WNIT championship. I guess I'll just have to soldier through.

Nimitz' Lady

No comments: