Thursday, March 16, 2006

Basketball Shoes

Why is it so hard to find women's basketball shoes?

I was out last night with Der Deutscher and JBP checking out local sports stores. Der Deutscher is trying to replace a Swiss Army Knife he lost and he's pretty particular about his pocketknives.

Since my current sneakers turned one year old last week I decided to check out the shoe collection. I currently have Nike Shox. While they're a great running shoe, they're not so great for cross training. Especially if you've got weak ankles like I do. Everytime I try to make a quick lateral move I twist my ankle in these shoes.

So I figured a good basketball shoe would be just about perfect.

When what to my surprise do I find? The first store had only one! I repeat, one! women's basketball shoe. Men and Youth had an entire row of them. But only one woman's shoe!

The second store didn't even have that many!

What? Do they think women and girl's don't play basketball? There are a million Big 12 fans who could tell manufacturers and stores otherwise!

I've decided we need a Title IX for basketball shoes as well as basketball! That's the only way we'll get the shoes we want, deserve and would PAY for, gol-dangit!

A Mad and Shoeless Nimitz' Lady

No comments: