Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Interviewing

The good news is I'm starting to get companies calling me for interviews. I've got two set up so far and may have a third soon.

Unfortunately, so far they're mostly jobs I'm not sure I'm interested in. An advertising agency... when I'm most definitely NOT a sales person. A photography company that probably won't offer me enough to pay the bills.

The only one I'm interested in is the new position of Development Coordinator for the local Humane Society. I'd actually adore working for them.

A friend of mine who went to school with the lady in charge of the search spoke with her and tells me they'll be calling for an interview. But it's now been more than 24 hours with no call.

Plus, I think I may have screwed the pooch when I called her assitant to make sure my cover letter/resume had arrived. I only got her voice mail and left a message but suddenly blanked on the job title and simply couldn't come up with it.

I'm about ready to start biting my nails. (No loss there!) I just keep reminding myself God will lead me to the job he wants me to have. I just hope it's soon.

Nimitz' Lady

No comments: