Saturday, August 25, 2007

Using Your Brain

Today, as part of lunch, we had Challah. It's a traditional Jewish bread served on Sabbath, similar to German eggbread. JBP loves it. So did Die Spielerin.

JBP had already eaten a huge chunk of it and was working on his lasagna when Die Spielerin took a second piece of bread. In fear he wouldn't get any more, JBP lunged to grab another chunk for himself.

"Unh-unh! Finish your lasagna first," I told him.

He responded, "If I were a king in the old days I would just tell someone to keep some for me for later. If I were a king."

"Might does not make right," I said.

"What does that mean?"

"Just because you have the power to do something doesn't make doing it the right thing. Just because kings in the old days had the ability to be spoiled brats doesn't make it right."

Subdued, JBP responded, "Oh, I think I see where you're going with this."

Smart little thing, ain't he?

Nimitz' Lady

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's my boy!
Proud Grammy