Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Don't ask, don't tell!

But JBP is wearing, shhhhhhh!, girl shoes!

He'd outgrown his old shoes so I took him shoe shopping yesterday. Just like the rest of him, his feet are long and slender. Turns out that of all the shoes he tried on the only three that fit him were girls shoes. The good news, tennis shoes are tennis shoes. Like it makes a whole heck of a lot of difference.
The ones JBP picked out are all black, with a touch of red in the treading, and attach with a velcro fastener.

As we were trying to purchase them I thought the clerk was on the verge of tossing me out of the store! She looked at me and whispered, scandalized, "But these are girl shoes!"

I looked right back and... paid for them!

JBP wore them out of the store.

Nimitz' Lady

2 comments:

Msabcmom said...

You know what is so funny? I was shopping in the boys department for my daughter for a while because I could find nothing in the girls depatrment for her. Times have changed though... my 8 year old is now wearing a size 8.5 in WOMEN'S ...help!!!

Pilarcita said...

It's not the first time I've bought him "girls'" clothes and I'm sure it won't be the last.

I've certainly been known to wear boys'/men's clothes/shoes when they fit/looked better than what manufacturers determined to be appropriate for my G-d given gender.