Sunday, December 10, 2006

And the cute thing is, Dennis doesn't even know he's being funny

One of my favorite cartoons, and my mother's too for that matter, is a Dennis the Menace cartoon. Dennis parents are talking about one of the situations he's just gotten himself into and one says to the other, "And the cute thing is, Dennis doesn't even know he's being funny!" Of course, the other part of the cartoon is Dennis hiding just around the corner covering his mouth with his hand, apparently giggling.

This is soooooo JBP. Today, while we were cleaning house, even as JBP was saying he couldn't wait for summer so there wouldn't be any school, he was typing up, again and again, words from his recent spelling lists.

At this point, I think the whole I-don't-like-school-thing has just gotten to be a habit with him. Because everytime I turn around he's doing something school-work related, mostly even when it's NOT required. Personally, I think he doth protest too much.

Nimitz' Lady

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, boy! Does this ever take me down Memory Lane. I remember a little girl who frequently swore she hated writing. The next thing I knew, she was writing plays "because I'm bored." I explained, "Writing is in your genes. You can't escape it."
When I called Sunday, JBP told me about typing out his words. He said he printed them, too, and stapled them, together, so it sounds like he wrote a lot. I'll be eager to see them when I come for Christmas.
Mom/Grammy