Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Election Night Fever

For the first time in the three months since I left the TV News biz I actually miss it. It's election night with all the attendant excitement in the air.

This is the first election since I could vote that I've watched as a "civvie" -- taking part in neither party politics nor news coverage of the election. And with so many possibilities floating in the air tonight I actually feel the pull to join in again.

Of course, part of this feeling is this is the first election in 5 years where I don't have to deal with a TV station that doesn't know Jack about covering elections, but tries to pretend it does. I came to the NBC affiliate in this time an award winning elections producer. C-SPAN had even chosen to air MY elections show LIVE NATIONWIDE! in 2000! But my station here never even asked for my help with elections coverage.

I'm sure this renewed feeling of excitement over "news" will pass, but in the meantime I'm kind of enjoying the fact that I've recovered enough from my burnout to actually feel it.

Nimitz' Lady

No comments: