Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Beaten Down

I got my grown-up patootie beaten at basketball -- by my SIX YEAR OLD SON!!!

And you shoulda heard him crow! I took him to the Y to shoot some hoops and next thing I knew I was out there with him playing defense. He ended up beating me 16 to 4 in a 45 minute game.

And that, despite the fact I got about triple the looks at the basket he got!

It's rather humbling to get your rear kicked by a six year old. But, in my defense, we were playing with a hard to handle youth ball. Of course, there's also the fact I've never been that athletically talented and have no real training in basketball -- up against his ability to hit an adult height basket, accurately, without looking!

I don't know where he gets it but it sure gives me something to look forward to bragging about when I see the Iowa State Ladies next month.

The family's headed to Ames, IA, between Christmas and New Year's for a little b-ball OD -- three games in three nights. Whoopee!!

Gotta remember to bake some cookies before we leave or the ladies on the team will never forgive me. That's ok though, I'll just hide behind my son who considers a 5'11" forward to be "little"!

Plus, we've been to so many away games the last few years they pretty much consider JBP to be their good luck mascot. They'd never harm him!

Nimitz' Lady

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You got beat by your kid? Now you know how I feel.
Love, Mom
P.S. I noticed your new profile.