Sunday, October 28, 2007

Halloween, Part Un

We had our first taste of Halloween today. I've spent more on JBP's costume this year than I've ever spent on any Halloween costume. Ever! But he was so in love with it I just coulcn't refuse. I remember too often having to go without something I wanted so desperately. I don't always say yes, but this time I did.

The costume is Sir Peter of Wolfsbane, from the Chronicles of Narnia. Of course, being the contrarian that JBP is, he prefers to think of it as Sir Edmund. For some reason, JBP identifies much more strongly with the fallible Edmund than with the near-perfect Peter.

However, since we spent so much, I told him he has to get our money's worth out of it. That means wearing it as much as possible.

Tonight, we attended the trick-or-treating event at the local zoo. Wednesday at school they have a costume party. And then, of course, is the big night itself.

Check out Flickr (link to your right!) for the latest photos. Of course, we'll be updating with each new event.

Nimitz' Lady

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check it out now, or later? All I get now are old photos. Am I doing something wrong? Lowtech Mom

Pilarcita said...

Once you've linked to Flickr you should look for two small photos on the right side of your screen that are labeled Nimitz' Lady's photostream. Click on that and that should take you to the latest updates.

Anonymous said...

They're fantastic! It looks like everyone had a great time.

And I think JBP is very honest in identifying with Edmund because Edmund is more like real people than Peter is.
Mom