Sunday, September 09, 2007

Ouch!

I took the kids rollerskating this afternoon. JBP had been asking to go for a few weeks and I figured it was an All American sort of activity Die Spielerin should be exposed to.

She took to rollerskating pretty quickly. Only one or two falls. I think previous ice skating experience stood her in good stead.

JBP's skills on skates are rapidly improving. Despite numerous falls, on his rear, elbows, chin and every other body part you can name, he was grinningly ecstatic to be there.

I, however, appear to have the most lasting war wound from our afternoon. It's been more than a year since I'd been skating, and only sporadic before that. Plus, these skates were different from what I'm used to. More like the height of tennis shoes than high tops. I need that extra support (I can sprain an ankle by looking at it angled!).

I only took about three falls, all told. But on one of them I landed quite hard on my left glute. It's still aching more than four hours later. I have a feeling tomorrow's gonna huuuu-rrrrt!

Nimitz' Lady

p.s. I've got photos which I'll post later. Unfortunately, I took them on my cell phone and it ran out of juice. It's currently on "life-support", or the charger as it's more commonly called.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This brings back memories of when I took you and a couple of your friends roller-skating. I hope your glute is OK today.
Love, Mom